Sequoia Middle School
*September 23- Football/Volleyball vs. Bartlett @ Home
*September 24- CC meet @ Zalud Park
*September 25- Football/Volleyball @ Pioneer
*October 1-Minimum Day
*October 10-Picture Make Up
Highlights & Special Features
Leaders to Listen to is our new series featuring interviews with prominet people around the community. Click HERE to watch our interview with Mr. Morris.
*Head to the student life section for additional announcements, pictures, and updates about what is happening around campus.
*Listen to our Weekly K-Hawk broadcast with Fatima Verduzco and Jada Rodriguez by clicking HERE or the live version on FM 107.1.
*The Lady Hawks have an impressive game against Summit. Click HERE to read more.
*Sequoia Football team scores another victory. Click HERE to read more.
*The cross country team remains undefeated. Click HERE to read more.
To read about Common Core State Standards click HERE
View video examples and practice study guides by going to the math department page.
September 2013 newsletter now available. Click HERE to read. For Spanish Version click
To take a more proactive approach to safety and other concerns we have created several new ways for the community to report these incidents. The new PUSD Incident form can be filled out at PUSD Cares Incident Report Form (English) o rPUSD Cares Incident Report Form (Spanish). There is also a service that accepts calls and texts at 559-715-CARE or (559-715-2273).
Any issues that require immediate or emergency assistance should be reported directly to the appropriate authorities such as 911. What can you report?
- If you feel unsafe or know someone who feels unsafe
- Bullying, harassment or intimidation at school
- Bullying, harassment or intimidation out of school
- Cyberbullying (Facebook, Myspace, Youtube, Text Messaging, Instant Messaging)
- Fights, drugs, or weapons at school
- Friends who talk about hurting themselves
Parents Supporting Students
Support from home can be key to a student's success at school. Read some helpful tips by clicking HERE.
- Before & After School academic support classes are in session. As in previous years, all students achieving at Basic, Below Basic, or Far Below Basics are required to attend, as well as students who fall below proficiency on any standards based assessment, CFA, or benchmark.
- Cell phones taken from students during the day can be picked up after school in the front office on Wednesday and Fridays only.