Sequoia Middle School
*August 18-22- Club Rush Week
*August 18-22- Volleyball Intramural Sign-Ups
*August 19-21-Student T-Shirts on Sale $10
*August 26-Back to School Night
Highlights & Special Features
The Sequoia Leadership team went out into the community to visit the Sierra Rehab Center on Wednesday. They had the opportunity to perform a swing dance routine and interact with the patients. Click HERE to read all the details.
Dr. Seuss day was celebrated by a joint partnership between Sequoia Middle School and two local elementary schools. Click HERE to read more about it.
*See pictures from Red Ribbon Week in the picture gallery! Click HERE
*Head to the student life section for additional announcements, pictures, and updates about what is happening around campus.
*Want to watch the basketball game live or see the recap? Click HERE and use the Customer ID 1A7F9FCE00!
*The softball team crowned the League Champions. Click HERE to read more.
*The cross country team does an amazing job at the Whitney League Finals. Click HERE to read more.
To read about Common Core State Standards click HERE
View video examples and practice study guides by going to the math department page.
September 2013 newsletter now available. Click HERE to read. For Spanish Version click
To take a more proactive approach to safety and other concerns we have created several new ways for the community to report these incidents. The new PUSD Incident form can be filled out at PUSD Cares Incident Report Form (English) o rPUSD Cares Incident Report Form (Spanish). There is also a service that accepts calls and texts at 559-715-CARE or (559-715-2273).
Any issues that require immediate or emergency assistance should be reported directly to the appropriate authorities such as 911. What can you report?
- If you feel unsafe or know someone who feels unsafe
- Bullying, harassment or intimidation at school
- Bullying, harassment or intimidation out of school
- Cyberbullying (Facebook, Myspace, Youtube, Text Messaging, Instant Messaging)
- Fights, drugs, or weapons at school
- Friends who talk about hurting themselves
Parents Supporting Students
Support from home can be key to a student's success at school. Read some helpful tips by clicking HERE.
- Before & After School academic support classes are in session. As in previous years, all students achieving at Basic, Below Basic, or Far Below Basics are required to attend, as well as students who fall below proficiency on any standards based assessment, CFA, or benchmark.
- Cell phones taken from students during the day can be picked up after school in the front office on Wednesday and Fridays only.