Sequoia Middle School
Leaders to Listen to
|Leaders to Listen to is our new series featuring interviews with prominet people around the community.
|Mr. Morris from the school district visits our campus. Click HERE to watch his interview.
||Mayor Stowe of Porterville stops by to talk about leadership. Click HERE to watch his interview.
|See what being a Sequoia Hawk is all about. Click HERE to watch.
||Cross Country team finishes the season in first and third. Click HERE to read all the details.
*Head to the student life section for additional announcements, pictures, and updates about what is happening around campus.
*Listen to our K-Hawk broadcast for the week of 10/20/14 with our hosts Ivy Zuniga and Abigail Palomino by clicking HERE or the live version on FM 107.1.
*The Lady Hawks head into playoffs undefeated. Click HERE to read more.
*Sequoia Football beats Burton 25-17. Click HERE to read more.
To read about Common Core State Standards click HERE
View video examples and practice study guides by going to the math department page.
September 2013 newsletter now available. Click HERE to read. For Spanish Version click
To take a more proactive approach to safety and other concerns we have created several new ways for the community to report these incidents. The new PUSD Incident form can be filled out at PUSD Cares Incident Report Form (English) o rPUSD Cares Incident Report Form (Spanish). There is also a service that accepts calls and texts at 559-715-CARE or (559-715-2273).
Any issues that require immediate or emergency assistance should be reported directly to the appropriate authorities such as 911. What can you report?
- If you feel unsafe or know someone who feels unsafe
- Bullying, harassment or intimidation at school
- Bullying, harassment or intimidation out of school
- Cyberbullying (Facebook, Myspace, Youtube, Text Messaging, Instant Messaging)
- Fights, drugs, or weapons at school
- Friends who talk about hurting themselves
Parents Supporting Students
Support from home can be key to a student's success at school. Read some helpful tips by clicking HERE.
- Before & After School academic support classes are in session. As in previous years, all students achieving at Basic, Below Basic, or Far Below Basics are required to attend, as well as students who fall below proficiency on any standards based assessment, CFA, or benchmark.
- Cell phones taken from students during the day can be picked up after school in the front office on Wednesday and Fridays only.